The world around us is moving fast. Distractions are everywhere and for us, it's becoming increasingly harder to stay focused on what truly matters. We get consumed with ourselves.....The brands' social media, our marketing goals, our special releases, our events and what we have planned to do. Of course our messages are embedded throughout all of that, but it's just not enough.
How can we get even more personal without being invasive? How can we strengthen the message and continue to grow together, without selling a product or advertisement? Can the time we are already spending on ourselves be of any use to others? What information are we gathering that can be spread or useful to others?
The Damascus Connector
We hope, to answer those questions with our series of posts all on varying topics that will be shared here and through e-mail. As often as possible we will be putting together content that we feel is uplifting, informal and sometimes just interesting or worth praising.
We even have some creator interviews coming and have teamed up with our friend Richard Romay, ( producer title WRAITH - www.facebook.com/SoundOfWraith ) to share with us the latest in innovative tech, useful articles and apps.
Often this content won't seem interesting or fit for you, We all are different. We all have a lot going on in our lives and the last thing we need is just more stuff to ingest. These readings should serve as random refreshers or supplemental tidbits to stay connected to the Damascus brand and hopefully enrich our experience with others.
Let's start: For our first post - our friend WRAITH has been putting together a list of useful or interesting articles that we feel will help aid you on your journey. These are all mostly focused on recent Tech, Self-Help, Softwares and Social media
What makes our listening ineffective and how to improve it
Summary: If you want to have good listening, you need to care first.
- People who are loud on the outside are often insecure inside and have low self-esteem
- The Decline of Facebook Page reach and how to outsmart the alg.
- Snapchat Launches Self-Serve Ad Manager
- Basically, facebook ads manager for snapchat ads in between stories.
- These tools will roll out in June to everyone in the U.S., U.K., Canada, France, Germany, Australia and more.
- Spotify to Launch Direct Listing on NYSE Stocks
- Spotify will be innovating the market by being the first major company to carry out a direct listing on the New York Stock Exchange when it goes public later this year or early next year.
- Massplanner, the Instagram automation service, has been discontinued
- Instagram is reaching out to all the major social media instagram automation services and telling them to shut down. Instagress is gone, now massplanner, and now it’s just a matter of time before Follow Liker and all the other ones get taken down.
- The 7 Best Strategies to Quickly Grow Your Business' Instagram Account
- TV is not dying – it’s lies, damn lies and bad media statistics
“It’s the first rule in propaganda: if you want people to believe a lie, then just repeat it over and over again.”
Really biased and opinionated article, but once you get past all that, you’ll find a lot of data to support a lot of the writer’s findings.
- The fall of Instagram Bots and what it means
- Youtube #AdPocalypse
- How and why youtube has been losing millions of dollars a day because of the youtube #adpocalypse
- Music Industry Goes to War With Youtube
- Labels are taking youtube to court for paying them insignificant royalties in relation to other streaming platforms and physical sales.
- Pepsi’s Lack Of Perspective
- What Pepsi did wrong.
- Biggest Instagram Mistakes
- Background music on instagram videos is always more appealing and it will keep your audience interested.
Successful Marketing strategies
How companies like Pornhub market their company in unmarketable industries.
- Pinterest’s Marketing Strategies
- case study on the strategies Pinterest used to grow from 3K users to 73 millions.
- False Advertising Guide
- Everything there is to know about false advertising with tons of examples and solutions.